It's time for Toot! v1.8!
The big news this time is that there is finally a dedicated iPad interface, which is designed to use space a bit better, and allow more comfortable control.
In smaller updates, there is also now a switch to open all links in Safari, and if you long-press the action buttons on toots, you can perform them from different accounts.
Improving support for adult content on Mastodon: Introducing Blurhash in Mastodon 2.8.1
Some people have reported problems installing Mastodon v2.8.1 due to gem compilation.
This and a few other small bugs have been fixed in #Mastodon v2.8.2:
#Mastodon v2.8.1 is out 🎉
Among numerous fixes, there are very nice changes around how sensitive media is displayed
#Mastodon v2.7.4 is out 🎉
It is bug fixes
Chills. Every time. God speed Columbia. I can’t believe it has been 16 years.
* You can now customise the colour of of the different styles. You can even have different colours for each instance!
* Reply markers are now used on the main timelines too, to more easily see which toots have replies, or are replies.
* There are now link preview on the main timelines, too.
* You can pick the type of keyboard to use. The default social media style keyboard is also slightly more clever and will often insert two new lines when you press return.
Toot! v1.2 is finally out! This took far longer than I had planned, but it is out!
You can get it here if you do not already have it: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toot/id1229021451?ls=1&mt=8
A new version of Mast is now available, and I’m super excited about GIF browsing! 🎉⚡️🤖
I made something for Mastodon: A gallery mini-app.
You can simply drop it in your Mastodon server's public folder, and it will show images from your server in a mosaic grid with infinite scroll. Supports some configuration as well, e.g. whether to limit it to only local images, or a specific hashtag, or which server to fetch from.
Mast is featured on the front page of the App Store. 🎉🎉🎉
🎉 #Mastodon 2.6.0 is out! 🎉
- Link ownership verification
- Redesigned forms
- Revamped DMs column
- In-stream link previews
- More tootctl utilities for admins
- Improved admin UIs
And a load of bug fixes! 🐘
Don't let Google News decide which stories you see, control your own news with RSS:
Also, did you know you can follow any Mastodon account through RSS?
Just add ".rss" to the end of the account's address, for example:
In essence, Mastodon is a decentralized, open source social network. This is the jenkins.cc instance - just one part of that network - which is run for my own personal use.